Meiwangetsu Newsletter - August!

Each months newsletter will be posted here, in plain, easy to read format.
Effu-Kun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Meiwangetsu Newsletter - August!

Post by Effu-Kun » 09-08-2009 16:53

[b][size=24][u]July 10th – August 10th[/u][/size][/b]

Hey there Meiwangites!

Well boy do we have a big one for you guys this month!

Why?

[size=18]It's Meiwangetsu's first birthday of course![/size]

We are officially (as of the 28th of this month) one year old, and still going strong! (In fact, stronger than ever!)

So naturally, partying will ensue!!!

But of course, no point in giving away the ending at the beginning, read on wonderful members, and after we've got past the normal monthly sections-

[size=18][i]Let the fun begin...[/i][/size]

[size=18][b]Newest Members! [/b][/size]

We’re proud to announce that there have been four new additions to our numbers in the past month!

Freeze_chain
Lolly_Golladay744
Crescent_girl
Lolly_Walmsleyaf06

Welcome guys! Everyone in the community wishes you well, and we hope you have a great time on the forum!

Welcome to the family!

[size=18][b]Fiction of the Month! [/b][/size]

Spilled Emotions (possible eventual 18+) : by Hollow Heart

Summary: Shinsu is one half of a twin. When his brother commits suicide he drowns in emotions and doesn’t want to be approached by anybody.eventually his old friend Nagi helps him spill his emotions.

[size=18][b]Must Read of the Month! [/b][/size]

This month’s voted ‘Must Read’ book is ‘Elantris’.

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

This fantasy novel is about princess Sarene and prince Raoden. Princess Sarene was supposed to marry prince Raoden for the cause of both the kingdoms. Before she arrives, Prince Raoden becomes by the Shaod a strange dessease which usually turns people into a sort of half god.

Only for the last few years people who get caught by the Shaod dont become half gods anymore. They are still immortal but they can’t use magic and will feel every pain they get for their entire lives. The people who are now doomed to be immortal are imprisoned in the city once built to worship them: Elantris.

To spend their entire lives in hell.

And when people ask where they are, their families just say the strucken one is dead.

[b][u]Shaitang's review of this book: [/u][/b]

I chose this book because it’s one of my all time favourites.

It is fantastically written with really good involving characters and not the classic; quest for the holy grail theme, but it more describes the black ages as they should be. At least if there was magic of course. I have read the book twice. because it had a lot of conspiracy’s and entwining plots in it. It’s not hard to read but it has a lot of info brought to you in ways you wouldn't see coming.

Have fun reading!

[size=18][b]Artwork of the Month! [/b][/size]

Nightly visitor (edited version) PG-13

[url=http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1uUMtA][img]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/245/53690700.th.gif[/img][/url]

---------

Well, now the part you've been waiting for!

[size=18]The dastardly plotting![/size]

Our wonderful, fantastic, most lovely admin Shaitang has come up with a wonderful idea for the RP party of the century! (Well, year, but who's being picky?)

What is this fantastical idea you ask? Well, let me paint you a picture...

~~~~~

[i]The year is 2019, and the stage is set.

The world largest yaoi website is throwing a ten year anniversary party, and every male member of the site is invited.

Of course, that's you included.

Female members? Well they'll be watching the live camera feeds nice and cosy in their own homes, wont they?

The date of the party? Well the anniversary of course, August 28th 2019.

The venue? A beautiful, ancient mansion on the outskirts of town, big enough to host such a large party, with plenty enough rooms to spare.

A question? What is in the plethora of alluringly furnished rooms?

And the bigger question yet...

Where is the mysterious host...?[/i]

~~~~~

Now of course, there is more to this fantastic party than meets the eye, but to find out exactly what that means, you will have to play.

(What do you mean you're a woman so you're not invited? Clearly you're just a man masquerading as one. come along anyway!)

Do you feel like playing? If so, prepare yourself for an extreme 18+ smex overload, because this party is going to be wild! If you're interested, send Shaitang a PM so he can sketch you in to his dastardly plans!

Please do not participate if you will not post regularly, short breaks are allowable of course, so long as you give notice.

How many characters can you have? Up to three! Plenty of opportunity to spread your imaginary wings and explore everything the party has to offer!

All PM's must be sent within a week! Anyone is allowed to play! Why not give it a go? XD

For those who wish to participate, a formal invite will be sent to you closer to the party date, further instructions will be given then.

(Well we can't very well give it all away right at the beginning now, can we?!)

No one fret if random things star popping up on the forum, it's all part of the plan (I super duper promise we're not going crazy, this will totally rule!)

In conclusion, it's going to be one hell of a birthday party!

Be there! Or be rectangular!

-----------

Well, there it is for this month!

Remember to send any ideas you have to me (Effu-Kun) in a PM so I can add them!

Also, each member can submit their vote for fiction, must read, and artwork of the month! Simply send a PM to Effu-Kun with your votes set out like this:
FOTM: blah
MROTM*: blah
Review of MROTM: blah
AOTM: blah

*Must Read of the Month must be written and published in English. A personal review must be sent along with recomendation

Thanks guys!

P.S. You better be coming to the damn party!

Ogopaiwa
Mei Newb
Mei Newb

Post by Ogopaiwa » 11-09-2015 10:22

I read it this bad dream.

Return to “Newsletters”