Meiwangetsu Newsletter: May!

Each months newsletter will be posted here, in plain, easy to read format.
Effu-Kun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Meiwangetsu Newsletter: May!

Post by Effu-Kun » 09-05-2009 13:27

You will all have recieved a plainer version of this newsletter in your emails, but unfortunately, as things stand, we are unable to add all of the 'pretty effects' that make it more homely. Not to mention easier to read :dark:

So here is the 'proper' version :hot:

[u][b][size=24]March 10th – May 10th[/size][/b][/u]

Hey there Meiwangites!

How’s life at the moment? Surprisingly lifelike?

Well this is a new idea of ours, to help spread the Meiwangetsu love, and keep you guys informed of the goings on of each month!

Naturally, as this is only the first issue of the Meiwangetsu newsletter, it will be a little empty, and a little boring, but hey, that’s better than nothing!

I’d like to take this chance to ask all of you, that, should you have any awesome idea’s for what should be included in this newsletter, to please send me (Effu-Kun) a PM about it!

Okay, so on with the info!

[size=18][b]Newest Members![/b][/size]

Our one and only new member since March 10th:

Danni_Auttumns

Welcome Danni, we hope you have a great time on the forum!

[size=18][b]Fiction of the Month![/b][/size]

Inked - by Ruyu_san - Eventual 18+

Summary: At first, when Zane is asked by his friend Thomas to pose naked for an art project, he refuses. When Zane finally agrees, Thomas is thrilled he will get the chance to draw his tattoos.

But what Thomas doesn’t realise, is that no one but Zane should be able to see the mysterious marks on his back…

[size=18][b]Must Read of the Month![/b][/size]

This month’s voted ‘Must Read’ series is ‘The Tide Lords’

Book One: The Immortal Prince

[i]When a routine hanging goes wrong and a murderer somehow survives the noose, the man announces he is an immortal. And not just any immortal, but Cayal, the Immortal Prince, hero of legend, thought to be only a fictional character, a figure out of the Tide Lord Tarot, the only record left on Amyrantha of the mythical beings whom the part-animal, part-human Crasii believe created their race.

Arkady Desean is an expert on the legends of the Crasii. At the request of her childhood friend, Declan Hawkes, the Kings Spymaster, she is sent to interrogate this would be immortal, hoping to prove he is a spy, or at the very least, a madman.

Set the task of proving Cayal a liar, Arkady’s own web of lies, and that of her husband and the King's Spymaster will start to unravel. Nothing is really as it seems around Cayal, the Immortal Prince? The lies seem plausible, his stories improbable and truth more than any of them bargained for.[/i]

[u]Effu-Kun's review of these books:[/u]

These books are written by Jennifer Fallon, an Australian author, and are NOT yaoi. However, they are filled with compelling characters, and more than one possible pairing for those avid fanfiction writers among us. The first book is filled with flashbacks from a time long ago, and may seem a little slow in getting started; but is well worth the read.

By the time you reach the second book the world is in chaos; filled with wars, fights for the kingdoms thrones, the complex theories on exactly HOW one goes about killing an immortal, and a plethora of the world hottest, most easily placed together male characters!

Everything a yaoi fan needs to survive!

[size=18][b]Artwork of the Month![/b][/size]

Angel- by Ruyu_san

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/J ... an0001.jpg[/img]

Well, there it is for this month!

Remember to send any ideas you have to me (Effu-Kun) in a PM so I can add them! :bingo:

Also, each member can submit their vote for fiction, must read, and artwork of the month! Simply send a PM to Effu-Kun with your votes set out like this:
FOTM: blah
MROTM*: blah
Review of MROTM: blah
AOTM: blah

*Must Read of the Month must be written and published in English. A personal review must be sent along with recomendation

Thanks guys!

Return to “Newsletters”