Meiwangetsu Newsletter - June!

Each months newsletter will be posted here, in plain, easy to read format.
Effu-Kun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Meiwangetsu Newsletter - June!

Post by Effu-Kun » 09-06-2009 16:44

[b][size=24][u]May 10th – June 10th[/u][/size][/b]

Hey there Meiwangites!

How’s life at the moment? Surprisingly lifelike?

Well, before you get back to RL, I’d like to take this chance to ask all of you, that, should you have any awesome idea’s for what should be included in this newsletter, to please send me (Effu-Kun) a PM about it!

Okay, so on with the info!

[size=18][b]Announcements![/b][/size]

[size=18]Meiwangetsu on Livejournal![/size]

For those who don’t already know, our wonderful admin Ruyu_san has set up a community on LJ for all of you wonderful members. It would be great if everyone who uses LJ could please join the community and help support it! :yay:

Of course, the site is still in construction and as such isn’t yet fully operational, but once it is finished it will be fantastic!

[url=http://community.livejournal.com/meiwangetsu/]Meinwangetsu on LJ[/url]

[size=18]Our Little Baby is Ten Months Old![/size]

That’s right! As I was contemplating writing up this newsletter it suddenly hit me that, as of the 28th of this month, Meiwangetsu will be ten months old! I think we’ve come a long way in such a short amount of time, and it’s all thanks to our wonderful members! Keep up the good work guys!

You make all the admin here so proud…-wipes away happy tear-

[size=18][b]Newest Members! [/b][/size]

We’re proud to announce that there have been three new additions to our numbers in the past month!

Loveless_One
Drama Llama
Snowy’Bunny

Welcome guys! Everyone in the community wishes you well, and we hope you have a great time on the forum!

[size=18][b]Fiction of the Month! [/b][/size]

Demonic King - by Metamorcy – 18+

Summary: Drake, Demonic King of the Underworld, takes a vacation from his throne and ventures into the real world where he’s met with trouble. After saving a young man, Drake find himself protecting the somewhat useless human, but Drake’s opinion of the man begins to change the more time he spends with him.

[size=18][b]Must Read of the Month! [/b][/size]

This month’s voted ‘Must Read’ book is ‘Hideaway’.

Hideaway by Dean Koontz

Summary: Pronounced clinically dead after his car plunges into an icy river, Hatch Harrison is miraculously revived by a special team of doctors. Now Hatch approaches each day with a new appreciation . . . until he starts to see terrifying images of madness and murder. For he brought something back from his visit with death--and its murderous rampage has just begun.

[b][u]Ruyu_san’s review of this book: [/u][/b]

While this book has no homosexual content, I recommend it based on it supernatural content. The battle between heaven and hell rages between the two male characters of the book, both of whom have been altered in some way by the divine and the damned. While one seems to have been accepted into lowest pits of hell and returned to wreak havoc on the women of a coastal town, the other has been somewhat blessed by a heavenly presence after his fatal car accident of which he miraculously survives.

Questions of good vs. evil and the equally mystifying question of predisposed evil are asked. It’s not a religious book, but definitely contains religious questions and questions of faith - A very good read in my opinion.

[size=18][b]Artwork of the Month! [/b][/size]

DrakeXYama - by Metamorcy

[url=http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxR9XlA][img]http://www.postimage.org/gxR9XlA.jpg[/img][/url]

Well, there it is for this month!

Remember to send any ideas you have to me (Effu-Kun) in a PM so I can add them!

Also, each member can submit their vote for fiction, must read, and artwork of the month! Simply send a PM to Effu-Kun with your votes set out like this:
FOTM: blah
MROTM*: blah
Review of MROTM: blah
AOTM: blah

*Must Read of the Month must be written and published in English. A personal review must be sent along with recomendation

Thanks guys!

Return to “Newsletters”