Meiwangetsu Newsletter - September!

Each months newsletter will be posted here, in plain, easy to read format.
Effu-Kun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Meiwangetsu Newsletter - September!

Post by Effu-Kun » 09-09-2009 15:24

[b][size=24][u]August 10th – September 10th[/u][/size][/b]

Hey there Meiwangites!

Well, to start us off I'm sure you all know that the anniversary party has been postponed, but not to fear! Shaitang and I are working on it as I type this very newsletter, and it will be up and running within the next few days, we swear!

In the meantime, why not make up your character/s (remember you can have up to three) profile/s, or write a oneshot to get those creative yaoi juices flowing!

[size=18][b]Newest Members! [/b][/size]

Well! We have had an ASTOUNDING....ELEVEN new members this month!

iPreferKittens
Keo
Lunar Song
streakedrain
yuuki kuurosu
Aceilnor
w31m31
Karlints
KitKatxoxo
bigmatt1221
amaya13

Welcome everyone! And thank you so much for joining the family! We hope you have a great time on the site!

[size=18][b]Fiction of the Month! [/b][/size]

Prison Tales - Sesshy'sGirlLOL01- 18+

Summary: [i]Wrongly accused of being a murderer, Toru is sentenced to time in prison. His stay in penitentiary has hardly begun, before things begin to take a drastic turn for the worst...[/i]

Sesshy'sGirl does a wonderful job of capturing the cruelty shown to some prison inmates. But don't let the morbid element get you down; this promises to be a very interesting tale.

[size=18][b]Must Read of the Month! [/b][/size]

This month’s voted ‘Must Read’ book is ‘Bloodflower’.

Bloodflower by Christine Hinwood

Cam has a hunger, an always-hunger; it drives him from home, to war, from north to south. When he returns from war alone - all his fellow soldiers slain - suspicion swirls around him. He's damaged in body and soul, yet he rides a fine horse and speaks well of his foes. What has he witnessed? Where does his true allegiance lie? How will life unfold for his little sister, his closest friend, his betrothed, his community, and even the enemy Lord who maimed him?

[b][u]Effu-Kun's review of this book: [/u][/b]

I chose to put this book as this months must read simply because of how compelling a tale it is. At first the book seems to follow only the one character, but it branches out and branches out, until we see different sides to every argument, and can no longer tell who is right or wrong.

Mostly I loved the engaging characters in this story, and I especially enjoyed reading about young Ban, Cam's best friend, who has a little bit of a secret crush that I think all Meiwangites would ~squee~ over.

A brilliantly, though sometimes confusingly, written piece of work. Well worth the read.

[size=18][b]Artwork of the Month! [/b][/size]

A Premature BorekuxToshio Shounen-ai Sketch

[img]http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo22 ... ofall2.jpg[/img]

-----------

Well, there it is for this month!

Remember to send any ideas you have to me (Effu-Kun) in a PM so I can add them!

Also, each member can submit their vote for fiction, must read, and artwork of the month! Simply send a PM to Effu-Kun with your votes set out like this:
FOTM: blah
MROTM*: blah
Review of MROTM: blah
AOTM: blah

*Must Read of the Month must be written and published in English. A personal review must be sent along with recomendation

Thanks guys, and have a good month!

Return to “Newsletters”