Meiwangetsu Newsletter - December!

Each months newsletter will be posted here, in plain, easy to read format.
Effu-Kun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Meiwangetsu Newsletter - December!

Post by Effu-Kun » 11-12-2009 12:06

[b][size=24][u]November 10th – December 10th[/u][/size][/b]

Hey there Meiwangites!

Well, to start us off I'm going to say a very big sorry for being a way the last month or two, I was almost literally swept away under a wave of work, and the state of my room will attest to that. Also, as I'm sure most of you noticed, I missed last months newsletter! O.O I'm SOOOOO sorry!

In any case, I'm pretty much back now, though I'll still be busy for a while to come, so I apologise for my absence to this date! :pushup:

[size=18][b]Newest Members! [/b][/size]

Over the two months we have gained another NINE members!

Ichigo Aisukuri-mu
Animelover411
Tiechan
forbiddenromanceotaku
narutobleachfan101
JesiChan
Jenniyah
Ciel Morling
Comet1234

I'm sure you'll all fit in great here, and from all of use Mei -cough- Veterans -cough-....WELCOME!

[size=18][b]Fiction of the Month! [/b][/size]

Disparity 18+ - By Metamorcy

Summary: [i]Clain is a worker in an office building, sounds simple enough, except for the bullying and beatings he's receiving every other day. But all of that is about to change when a strange redhead moves into the building, and claims him as his assistant.[/i]

This one is long, but don't let that put you off, Metamorcy does a fantastic job of drawing the reader in, and the further in you get, the less you want it to end. This is a thrilling love story, with some ups and downs that will shock you into believing and wishing that it's all true.

[size=18][b]Must Read of the Month! [/b][/size]

This month’s voted ‘Must Read’ book is ‘Into The Dark’.

Into The Dark - By Victor Kelleher

Over a hundred years ago a young man known as The Ox is called into domestic service. It is not a summons he can ignore as it comes from the Castle Dracula. Inside the castle, Ox meets the Count, who is no supernatural monster, but a man driven by passions that are all too real. In his service Ox finds sheer survival a challenge. Yet the two form the least likely of friendships; a bonding of night and day, of cruelty and kindness.

But when a woman they both want - and both need - is seduced into a life not of her choosing, Ox and the Count become locked in a passionate duel.....

An unforgettable erotic tale

[b][u]Effu-Kun's review of this book: [/u][/b]

Well, what more is there to say other than ALTERNATIVE DRACULA!!! WOOOO!!!!!

I chose to read this book because of the vague reference I read into the blurb about guy on guy lovin' :hot: , and I have to say, though this story, strictly speaking, didn't contain any, sometimes it comes so close that I was itching with the need for it to just [i]go[/i] that extra millimetre or two to trip over that fine line bordering on guy on guy that this book is constantly alluding too.

Though back to the storyline :hot: , this book manages to paint an entirely different version of Dracula, while still remaining quite true to the original tale. The story is told through the eyes of his servant Ox, who manages to tell his life story in such stark relief, that it rang more true to me than the original. Five thumbs up from me for this one!

-----------

Well, there it is for this month!

This is the last newsletter before Christmas, so I would like to wish you all a Merry Pagan Sun Festival! (don't mind me, I'm just cynical XD) and so the next newsletter that is sent will arrive in your inboxes at the start of next year! How exciting!

So I would like to take this last opportunity to wish you all a very happy New Year, and may your resolutions fall right out the window at 12:01! :hahaha:

Remember to send any ideas you have to me (Effu-Kun) in a PM so I can add them!

Also, each member can submit their vote for fiction, must read, and artwork of the month! Simply send a PM to Effu-Kun with your votes set out like this:
FOTM: blah
MROTM*: blah
Review of MROTM: blah
AOTM: blah

*Must Read of the Month must be written and published in English. A personal review must be sent along with recommendation

Thanks guys, and have a good month!

Return to “Newsletters”