Meiwangetsu Newsletter - April!

Each months newsletter will be posted here, in plain, easy to read format.
Effu-Kun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Meiwangetsu Newsletter - April!

Post by Effu-Kun » 02-05-2010 17:11

[b][size=24][u]April![/u][/size][/b]

Hey there Meiwangites!

As usual, I have been a very very lazy person, and that has unfortunately resulted in the last two months newsletters mysteriously....ahhhh....disappearing... :aty:

So, without any further ado...let us continue on like nothing ever happened, and I haven't been lax in my duties!
[size=9]free candy to everyone who nods their head whilst saying 'of course!'[/size]

[size=18][b]Newest Members! [/b][/size]

Would all of the Mei veterans give our brand new members a very warm welcome!

Raspberrih
dacara
Luna
shadowcat
Darkmousy
azmariao9

A great big welcome to you all, and we hope you have a great time on the forum!

Now I would like to draw everyone's attention to the number at the bottom of the main page that tells you we have [size=18]NINETY-NINE[/size] members!!! Come on people, ninety-nine? Surely we can get that last person!

To spur you all into coaxing your friends to join the forum, Shaitang and I are happy to tell you that when we DO reach the magic [size=18]100[/size] there will be something VERY big going down. I'm talking colossally [size=18]HUGE![/size]

So [u]please[/u] encourage anyone you know to join, so that we can begin what is one of the biggest things this forum is ever to do, should the tradition continue past the first year!

And for now, that is all I'm saying on the matter...

[size=18][b]Fiction of the Month! [/b][/size]

Birthday Fic: Hugh/Dorian - by Ruyu_san - 18+

Hahaha, now I know that this was a birthday present to me, but I assure you that I am totally unbiased when I recommend this one for fiction of the month!

For those of you who don't like it too deep, I suggest you roll up your jeans and plunge right in there, because this one is hot hot hot! This story is simply about two men discovering sex in the morning, and yet Ruyu somehow manages to turn smut into pure magic!

[size=18][b]Must Read of the Month! [/b][/size]

This months voted must read of the month is: Interview With The Vampire – Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles

Yuria-chan's Review of This Book:

Interview with the vampire tells the life story of Louis, an ancient vampire who lets himself be interviewed by a boy. The story consists solely of his story just interrupted a very few times with cut scenes where the interviewing boy has a question or a remark.

When Louis is narrating you forget that he is actually being interviewed, the details and the length of his story seem a bit unnatural for all to be told in one breath and in just one night. The story is so dark and enthralling that it doesn’t really bother you while reading. You are too captivated by the story. It’s just afterwards that you might realise that Louis sure can talk!

It’s all about the story behind the interview actually. There are ten books in Anne Rice's vampire chronicles and this is the first one. The books aren’t really sequels but it’s preferred to start with this book. Many important characters that also star in other novels by her make their debut here, Lestat for example, the star of most of the other books is here only been told about by Louis. Armand Claudia and even Daniel, the boy who is interviewing Louis make appearances in the other books too.

The style is very different from teen vampire novels that are all about romance between a mortal and a vampire ( -cough- twilight). This novel emphasizes more about the pain of mortality and philosophical questions about good and evil, the meaning of life and whether or not a god exists.
That doesn’t mean that no romance is present. Though I shouldn’t call it real romance, it’s more like the characters experience deep loving for other characters. In between the lines you can find that they kiss and such, real sexuality isn’t really present. Drinking blood is much more pleasuring for vampires. For us yaoi fans that’s a pity of course, a plus is that almost all characters are gay.

Anne Rice[s fiction is pretty popular. She is one of the few modern authors who can make her characters gay and get away with it. I really recommend this book and the rest of the series.
I enjoyed it, a lot!

--------

Thank you so much Yuria, for your fantastic and detailed review!

Well, it seems like that is it for this month, but don't forget, invite anyone and EVERYONE, and soon, something life-changing will begin...

--------
Remember to send any ideas you have to me (Effu-Kun) in a PM so I can add them!

Also, each member can submit their vote for fiction, must read, and artwork of the month! Simply send a PM to Effu-Kun with your votes set out like this:
FOTM: blah
MROTM*: blah
Review of MROTM: blah
AOTM: blah

*Must Read of the Month must be written and published in English. A personal review must be sent along with recommendation

Thanks guys, and have a good month!

Return to “Newsletters”